Mandated Reporter Training & Resources
Center for Effective Parenting
- Free handouts for families that focuses on age-appropriate issues related to parenting.
- A company dedicated to empowering parents with the tools to manage the most challenging behavior problems in children ages 5 to 25. Offers expert articles, parent blogs, parenting programs and many other resources on effective parenting techniques and ways to help change a child’s behavior.
Darkness to Light
- Child sexual abuse prevention resources and programs that raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)
- The nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization; offers free, confidential phone and online hotlines for victims (past and present) as well as resources for statistics and other related information for sexual violence. 800-656-HOPE
Stop it Now!
- Provides support, information and resources to keep children safe from child sexual abuse and create healthier communities. 888-PREVENT
- Program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) that provides free tip-sheets, lesson plans and other safety resources as well as videos for kids and teens that explore cyberfullying, online exploitation, and more. Their Blog features child safety experts’ take on today’s tech, threats and more.
The Mama Bear Effect
- Educational resources to help families and communities all over the world raise awareness and protect children from the threat of sexual abuse. Free downloads, materials, coloring pages, and blog posts for parents, caregivers, advocates and organizations.
Prevent Child Abuse America
- A network of chapters in 50 states that works to ensure the healthy development of children and prevent child abuse before it can occur in order to help children to grow up and contribute in their communities.
National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Offers training, support, and resources to providers who work with children and families exposed to a wide range of traumatic experiences, including physical and sexual abuse; domestic, school, and community violence; natural disasters, terrorism, or military family challenges; and life-threatening injury and illness.
American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- A national organization focused on meeting the needs of professionals engaged in all aspects of services for maltreated children and their families.
- A news site that reports on research about adverse childhood experiences as well as covering how people, organizations, agencies and communities are implementing practices based on the research.
- A social network that accelerates the global movement toward recognizing the impact of adverse childhood experiences in shaping adult behavior and health, and reforming all communities and institutions- from schools to prisons to hospitals and churches- to help heal and develop resilience rather than to continue to traumatize already traumatized people.
What If Your Child Discloses Sexual Abuse